Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Harvick adds a driver to his team


Kevin Harvick Inc. has a new driver, J.R. Fitzpatrick from Canada. He will be driving for Harvick's NASCAR Camping World Truck and Nationwide series teams in select races. Fitzpatrick is set for eight Truck and two Nationwide races. His first start for Harvick will be in the Truck Series at Dover International Speedway on May 29.
“This is a great opportunity for me and I firmly believe that I am joining the best team in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series,” said Fitzpatrick. “I was fortunate enough to meet Kevin Harvick last year at Phoenix and he really helped me out a lot. Since then, I have gone to him on and off the track for advice and he has been great to learn from. Ron (Hornaday) has also helped me before and now that I will be a teammate of his, it gives me more confidence going to tracks that will be new to me. I believe racing is all about confidence and I have that knowing that I am going to be in great equipment driving for Kevin Harvick Inc.”
Fitzpatrick's first Nationwide race will be at Watkins Glen International Raceway in New York on Aug. 8.
Harvick has two trucks, with drivers Hornaday and Ricky Carmichael, in the Trucks Series, and a one-car team in the Nationwide Series.
“We’re glad to have J.R. Fitzpatrick join KHI for the remainder of the 2009 season,” said KHI co-owner Kevin Harvick. “J.R. and I both got our starts in go-karts and he has taken a path similar to mine, moving up through the stock car ranks, during his career. I feel like our equipment speaks for itself and it will be exciting to watch him attempt to take that next step in his racing career.”

Photo: Kevin Harvick and his wife, DeLana, welcome R.J. Fitzpatrick from Canada to their NASCAR team. Fitzpatrick, a driver from Cambridge, Ontario, will race for Kevin Harvick Inc. in the Camping World Truck and Nationwide series. (KHI)

No comments:

Post a Comment