Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Ron Hornaday Jr. has a new crew chief

Dave Fuge, a two-time NASCAR Camping World Truck Series champion crew chief, will be Ron Hornaday Jr.'s crew chief at Kevin Harvick Inc. in 2010.
Hornaday won his fourth Truck Series championship in 2009. Fuge won two Truck Series championships as crew chief for Xpress Motorsports in 2002 and 2003. Mike Bliss and Travis Kvapil were the drivers in those years.
“For me as a car builder and a former team owner this is a dream come true,” said Fuge, on becoming a part of the KHI organization.  “This team has been able to achieve all the things I wanted to accomplish but was never able to when I was a team owner. Kevin and DeLana started this team the way I did, from the ground up and have watched it flourish. I’m proud to be able to join such a successful organization.”
Kevin Harvick Inc. also introduced Doug George as the crew chief for the team's No. 2 truck which will have a variety of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers in it in 2010.
“I feel this is a really great opportunity with a world class organization,” George said. “This company has proven they can win races. To be honest I’m just really overwhelmed with the facility and the equipment they have to work with. I’m really happy to be here and I can’t wait to get started on 2010. I’m looking forward to great things.” 
George recently served as crew chief for Kyle Busch and Aric Almirola for Billy Ballew Motorsports in the Truck Series.
“I think both Dave and Doug will be great additions to our organization,” said KHI co-owner Harvick. “The West Coast connection between all three of our crew chiefs is a really neat tie. Dave comes to us with championship experience and I believe that will continue to be a championship winning team. Doug also comes to us with extensive knowledge of the sport and will be a good match to keep that team competitive. I think the chemistry between all three of our crew chiefs will bring KHI to an entirely new level of success.”
Harvick, Hornaday, George, Fuge, Rick Carelli, the general manager for Kevin Harvick Inc., and Ernie Cope, the crew chief for Harvick's Nationwide Series team, all raced against each in what is now the NASCAR Camping World West Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment