Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hornaday's NASCAR Truck Series winning streak comes to an end


Ron Hornaday Jr.’s winning streak is over. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver was looking to win his sixth straight race last night at Bristol Motor Speedway in Tennessee. He came up a couple spots short of extending his record streak, coming in third.
“Bristol is one of the toughest ones here,” said Hornaday, a former Saugus Speedway champ. “I found something out with 10 to go and I don’t know. I just left a lot out there and I was pretty conservative and I got a top-five and that’s what I needed for these points and I have to thank Georgia Boots, Longhorn, VFW, Miller Welders, and everybody that has been really supportive of our team.”
Hornaday, the leader in the Truck Series standings, finished behind Kyle Busch, the race winner, and Matt Crafton.
Hornaday’s winning streak started on June 20 when he won the race at The Milwaukee Mile. It included wins at Memphis, Kentucky, O’Reilly Raceway Park and Nashville.
“It’s been pretty cool and I hope these fans enjoyed the race and we were coming through the pack there and I should have followed Kyle down there and got fuel but I didn’t, and that’s what hurt us right there,” said Hornaday, driver of the No. 33 Chevrolet Silverado for Kevin Harvick Inc.
Hornaday has a Truck Series record 45 wins in his career. He also has six wins this season, three shy of the single season Truck Series record set by Greg Biffle.

Photo: Ron Hornaday Jr., driver of the No. 33 Georgia Boot Chevrolet pits for fuel during the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series O'Reilly 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway on Wednesday in Bristol, Tenn. Hornaday finished third in his quest to extend his winning streak to six races but held on to a 211-point lead over Matt Crafton, who finished second in the No. 88 Menards/Idealdoor Chevrolet. (Photo Credit: Rusty Jarrett/Getty Images for NASCAR)

No comments:

Post a Comment