Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Hornaday in search of fifth straight NASCAR Truck Series win

Ron Hornaday Jr. will look to win his fifth straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and extend the record he set last week.
The Truck Series is at Nashville Superspeedway for a race Saturday night. Hornaday won his fourth Truck Series race in a row last week at O’Reilly Raceway Park in Indianapolis.
“I’m not sure how we did it,” said Hornaday, a former Saugus Speedway champ. “These last two wins have been unbelievable. I’m just so lucky to be able to drive for owners like Kevin and DeLana (Harvick). They have put all the right people in the right places. Rick Ren (crew chief) and the guys have done such a great job with these trucks. I am very fortunate to be in the position I am in right now. I am having more fun than I ever have.”
He has yet to win a Truck Series race at Nashville, but the truck his team is bringing to the track won at Kentucky Speedway earlier this year.
“I have been so close to winning at Nashville,” said Hornaday, who drives the No. 33 Chevrolet Silverado for Kevin Harvick Inc. “In 2007, we had the thing won but ended up missing it by just a little and finishing second. I went by Sam Bass’s studio a few weeks ago to sign some prints for Longhorn, and he showed me his guitar collection. It was very impressive and I told him that I really wanted to win one of his specially designed Gibson guitars. I really like this track but have yet to be able to get in the right position to head to victory lane.”

In the NASCAR Camping World West Series, Greg Pursley, coming off a runner-up finish in the race in Portland, Oregon, will tackle another road course on Saturday.
Pursley, a Canyon High graduate, will be at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah, the second road course in a row for the NASCAR West Series drivers and teams.
“Even though we are a first-year team in the series, we have a lot of really experienced guys on the team that prepare excellent race cars,” said Pursley, who drives for Gene Price Motorsports. “We have had great cars at each race this year and we continue to get better. I love racing on road courses and I am really looking forward to the race at Miller this weekend.”
It will be Pursley’s first visit to Miller Motorsports Park. He is fourth in the West Series standings and trails leader Jason Bowles, a driver from Ontario, by 177 points.

Photo: NASCAR Camping World West Series driver Greg Pursley will make his first visit to Miller Motorsports Park in Utah for a race on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment