Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Reggie Jackson will be Mr. February in Fontana


Being a lifelong Dodgers fan, I never rooted for Reggie Jackson. I will surely be in the minority when he takes to the track as the pace car driver for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana on Sunday.
Jackson, a member of the then California Angels, and three-time Dodgers World Series killer, will be driving a 2009 Chevrolet Impala and leading the field of Cup cars to the start of the race.
"In my lifetime I've played in six World Series, hob-knobbed with movie stars and been a part of the excitement of New York and the Yankees," said Jackson. "With all that, it’s hard to get excited over many things. But being behind the wheel of the pace car for the Auto Club 500, is right up there with some of the most exciting things I've ever done."
I'm just glad the Dodgers finally got the better of Jackson and his Yankees in 1981. It was also equally pleasing that he couldn't get the Angels to the World Series in 1986.
It's the little things...

No comments:

Post a Comment