Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

NASCAR Truck Series champ Hornaday has a new crew chief

NASCAR Camping World Truck Series champion Ron Hornaday Jr. has a new crew chief. Kevin Harvick Inc. moved Doug George into the role of Hornaday’s crew chief after George started the season as the crew chief on the team’s No. 2 truck driven by Elliott Sadler and Kevin Harvick.
Fans of Saugus Speedway might remember George, who used to race in the old NASCAR Southwest Series at the track.
“I really like Doug, he and I go way back,” said Hornaday. “I raced against Doug for the 1992 Southwest Tour championship. He was always a great competitor. He’s got a confidence about him that makes him likeable and a good leader. Knowing all of the experience that Doug has I feel really good that he is coming to join our team. I think he will be a great addition.”
Hornaday is a four-time Truck Series champion and has won 45 Truck Series races, the most of any driver. George has worked with some of the top drivers in NASCAR, including Kyle Busch.
“This is a really great opportunity to work with Ron and the No. 33 team,” George said. “Ron is a dedicated driver with goals to win races and championships. I’m really happy that Kevin and DeLana put their confidence in me to lead the No. 33 team. We are going to work hard to take the best equipment in the Truck Series to victory lane week in and week out. Ron and I have known each other forever, both as competitors and friends. I look forward to working with him in 2010.”

Photo: Ron Hornaday Jr., right, a four-time NASCAR Truck Series champion, meets Jimmie Johnson, the four-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion. (Todd Warshaw/Getty Images for NASCAR)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete