Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Rookie Ryan Dungey win AMA Supercross race in Atlanta

Rookie Ryan Dungey won the Monster Energy AMA Supercross race at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta on Saturday night and increased his lead in the Supercross standings after eight races.
Dungey won for the third time this season and has a 20-point lead over Josh Jill in the AMA Supercross standings.
“It was definitely a good win,” said Dungey. “The start was key because it was a tough track to pass on. My tires hooked up great and I wouldn’t be here without my team. I won my first supercross race here so it feels good to come back and get my first big bike win (in Atlanta). We’re just trying to keep moving forward as a team and sometimes you have to go backward to go forward but things are working out so far.”
Trey Canard was second in the Atlanta race, followed by Davi Millsaps in third.
It was Dungey’s first win since Jan. 23 at Angel Stadium in Anaheim and his fourth podium finish of the year.
Hill finished sixth in the race at Atlanta and recovered from a crash during practice to put up a respectable finish and stay in championship contention.
“After my crash earlier in the day, I had some regrouping to do,” Hill said after the race. “I rode the very best that I could tonight and I am thankful to still be holding on and staying close to the championship points lead in second.”
James Stewart, the reigning Monster Energy AMA Supercross champion, missed his fifth race of the season. He has been sidelined since the fourth race of the year after injuring his wrist in a race accident.
Stewart was asked about his return during the Speed TV coverage of Saturday night’s race at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. He said, “I hope real soon and that the next time I see you guys I'm on the podium.”

No comments:

Post a Comment