Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hornaday wins Truck Series race, takes over lead in Truck Series standings


Ron Hornaday Jr. had a very happy birthday.
Hornaday won the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at The Milwaukee Mile and took back the lead in the Truck Series at Iowa Speedway on Saturday night, his 51st birthday.
“I’m really impressed at the gains this team made from the truck I had in practice,” Hornaday said after the race. “I have to thank Rick Ren (crew chief) and all of my guys for working so hard on this truck. To be honest I don’t think our truck was all that good; we were just that much better than everyone else.”
Hornaday, a three-time Truck Series champ who drives for Kevin Harvick Inc., has a 36-point lead over Matt Crafton in the Truck Series standings. The win at Iowa Speedway was the 41st of his Truck Series career, the most of any driver in the series.
“You can’t anticipate having a truck as dominate as we had (Saturday).,” Hornaday said “This is really cool. I have to dedicate this win to my mother-in-law who we call ‘Gram’ she’s been in the hospital and is not doing too well. In the 30 years my wife and I have been married this is probably only the eighth race she’s missed. I hope this lifts her spirits a little.”
Rain postponed the race a day. It was scheduled for Friday night. The win was the 20th for Kevin Harvick Inc. in the Truck Series. Hornaday led 180 of the 200 laps in the race at Milwaukee.

Ron Hornaday Jr. celebrates winning the Copart 200 on his 51st birthday at the Milwaukee Mile (Photo Credit: Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images for NASCAR)

No comments:

Post a Comment