Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Add one more for Ricky Carmichael

Kevin Harvick Inc., added another race to Ricky Carmichael's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series schedule after impressive runs at Daytona International Speedway and Auto Club Speedway in Fontana.
Carmichael, an AMA motocross rider turned stock car driver, will be entered in this weekend's Truck Series race at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
“This is like a home race for me,” said the 29-year old Carmichael, who resides in Tallahassee, Fla. “Atlanta was always great to me when I raced here in Supercross, and I cannot wait to get on track at Atlanta Motor Speedway. I appreciate Monster Energy and Kevin and DeLana (Harvick, team owners) for adding this race to my schedule."

Carmichael finished eighth in the Truck Series race in Fontana, and was the highest finishing rookie in the race. He'll be racing the same truck he had at Fontana.
“I learned so much in the race at California, I was anxious to race again as soon as I could to put all of that into action," Carmichael said. "I wanted to race again that day if they would have let me. I was scheduled to wait until Kansas (Speedway in April) for my next race, so I’m excited and grateful to have any track time I can get and run an extra race.”

No comments:

Post a Comment