Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

One more for Carmichael

Ricky Carmichael will race at Martinsville Speedway in Virginia in the NASCAR Camping World Trucks Series on March 28, the team announced today. Oakley will foot the bill, and at this rate, Carmichael might race the entire season.
It's the second race Kevin Harvick Inc. added to Carmichael's schedule.
“I’m really pumped for Martinsville," Carmichael said. "This is the first short track for us in the Truck Series this season, so it’s the first time I’m going into a weekend with at least some sense of what to expect. I have some short-track experience, so I’m already ahead of where I’ve been before practice started for the first three races. It’s been completely new for me every week up until now."
Carmichael has started three Truck Series races this year, his best finish an eighth-place at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. The truck he will be racing is one of Ron Hornaday's winning trucks. Hornaday is Carmichael's teammate at Kevin Harvick Inc. and the winningest driver in Truck Series history. The truck won a race at Memphis Motorsports Park and led 158 laps in the fall 2008 race at Martinsville.
“We tested at Rockingham and it went really well," Carmichael said. "There was a Cup team there the same day, and the team tells me we were running laps times that were very competitive with them."

No comments:

Post a Comment