Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Good day for Kevin Harvick Inc. at Martinsville

It was a good day for Kevin Harvick Inc. at Martinsville Speedway in Virginia. Kevin Harvick won the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Martinsville on Monday. Ron Hornaday Jr., driver of the No. 33 Chevy Silverado for Kevin Harvick Inc., was second, his best finish at the track in 14 Truck Series starts.
The race was postponed because of weather. It was scheduled for Saturday night, but the race was rained out.
Harvick, who races on the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for Richard Childress Racing and has teams in the Truck and Nationwide Series, won the fourth Truck Series race of his career.
“That was a lot of fun and our truck was really good,” said Harvick, a driver from Bakersfield. “I just want to thank everyone in the grandstands today. To come out here on Monday to watch a truck race. A brand new Triad chassis here and they built this truck in 10 days to come here and try a lot of new things out. It all worked out. The truck was pretty tight but in the end it was good enough to win.”

Hornaday, a three-time Truck Series champion who used to race at Saugus Speedway, moved into third place in the Truck Series standings after four races. His previous best finish at Martinsville was third.
“Like I said, I knew that the boss wasn’t going to do nothing to mix up the start,” Hornaday said. “When I looked in mirror to see where (Mike) Skinner was laying back I tried to lay back another second and the boss already took off. I didn’t let him have that one, I kind of ran in on him in the corner. One more lap I might have had to move him for the win.”
Ricky Carmicheal, another driver for Kevin Harvick Inc. making his first Truck Series start at Martinsville, finished 29th.
“Everything was really good until that first spin (on lap 91),” Carmichael said. “I learned a lot today – especially that it’s so tough to come back from a mistake. I was able to get to the finish to gain the experience. My teammates Harv (Kevin Harvick) and Hornaday have run more pace laps here than I’ve had total laps so I needed to learn a lot in a hurry when the green flag fell. We were able to hang on to the lead lap after the first crash, but then the second one (on lap 186) really jacked us up. After that, it was just hanging on by a thread and trying to stay out of the way of the other guys.”

No comments:

Post a Comment