Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jack Beckman gets nostalgiac for drag racing


Jack Beckman, NHRA Funny Car driver for Don Schumacher Racing, will test his foot at the 28th annual Funny Car Fever at Sacramento Raceway Park on April 24-25. Beckman will drive one of Lee Jennings' nostalgia Camaros, pictured above, in the drag races in Sacramento.
"Ever since I was 7 years old I have always dreamed of driving a nitro Funny Car," said Beckman, a driver from North Hills and the 2003 NHRA Super Comp champion. "Next month I get to drive two of the best in the country: Don Schumacher's Vavoline/MTS Dodge Charger and Lee Jennings Sr.'s 'American Revolution' Chevy Camaro.
"Being a sportsman competitor for over 22 years, I have raced at Sacramento Raceway dozens of times. It will be awesome to come back and perform in front of some of the best drag-racing fans there. I’m crossing the days off until April 24."

No comments:

Post a Comment